Monday, January 23, 2012

Just a week away

I haven't blogged that much.  It is much harder to write about what I'm living than to just live my life.  I'm not very public about what I'm feeling or going through.  That's just how I'm hard wired.

So far, everything is in order.  Insurance approval.  Pain meds and antibiotics are all picked up and waiting for me.  My appointment is set up for activation on February 7th, just a day before my niece's birthday.  I have my white board and I know what clothes I'm going to wear.  Neck pillow, bed wedge, and plenty of books stocked up on my Kindle.  And a week off work...maybe.

I'm ready.  Really.  I think.

Well, that's not quite true.  I am ready.  I'm more nervous about everyone else.  Do they understand that my hearing will take time?  Do they "get" that there will be no more sound for me when I come out of surgery?  Right now I still have sound.  It's not much, but it is there.

So I pray that I'll come through okay.  That I'll be able to taste coffee, have minimal pain, and that I'll be able to run again soon.  I pray that I'll be able to hear and understand my daughters, my family, my friends.  I'd love to hear birds again and listen to singing.  The ocean. Crickets! And maybe one day I can learn a new language.

(And I've realized that I really do want to know what the people in the conference room box say! :) )

I don't know what time surgery is on Monday.  I'll find out Friday afternoon via phone call to the house and email.

It's going to be good.  The possibilities are endless.  I refuse to believe anything else.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment